Take a Step to create healthy relationships free from violence.
- Healthy Communication
- Embrace your voice; speak up and out about what is bothering you.
- Respect each other’s wishes and feelings.
- Compromise on issues you disagree on.
- Be supportive.
- Respect each other’s privacy.
- Healthy Boundaries
- By setting boundaries in a relationship, that does not mean you distrust the other person, it is an expression of what makes you feel comfortable and what you would like or not like to happen in the relationship.
- Healthy boundaries should allow you to: go out with your friends without your partner, participate in activities and hobbies you like, not have to share passwords, respect each other’s individual likes and needs.
- Healthy Relationships Boosters
- Even healthy relationships can use a boost every once and a while. Find a fun, simple activity you both enjoy.
Taken from loveisrespect.org
Take a Step to Help a Survivor
Every 98 seconds, another person in the United States is sexually assaulted. If someone you know has disclosed to you they have been sexually assaulted, click here to help you learn how you can talk to and help a survivor.
Take a Step to Help Prevent Sexual Violence
Anyone can help take a stand against violence. Our mission to see a community free from violence will only happen when community members and leaders take Steps to prevent sexual violence. For more information on what you can do to help prevent sexual violence and protect others, click here.